Apparently, some topics on our site are…hmmm..what some would consider “not as fun as could be”.
We asked our professional make-up artist friend, Miss RubyRedRockstar (aka Farah) for her help.
|What a pro. She’s the best.|
RubyRedRockstar (“3R”) is fun, gorgeous and is an award-nominated hair and make-up pro. She is second-generation film and TV industry talent and has years of professional experience as Depratment Head Make Up Artist for prime-time television shows (read: she knows what she’s talking about).
Anyhoo, Farah writes to you, readers, with tips on how to get a pretty sun-kissed So Cal glow.
Hello sexy ladies!
In the olden days it wasn’t considered attractive to have tan skin [insert source here].
Today no man wants to see your “paste-y” ass [replace “ass” with a rated-PG term] in a bikini. But a free ticket to the skin cancer clinic isn’t the only way to be a bronzed goddess — you can achieve the same St. Tropez-vacation glow with self tanners!!!
The latest self-tanners are flawless. Technological and scientific advancement don’t just benefit boring industries like farming and the energy sector — they also benefit the gorgeous!!!
|(Farah in glasses = very smart. Notice her thinking as she looks to the camera during a soliloquy)|
Lindsay Lohan may like her self tanner so orange it matches her fire crotch, but YOU don’t have to. (Nor do you have to have to be the smelly kid no one wants to sit next to).
Although there are cheaper options available, the benefits from these KS tan towels make the additional cost worth it. One, they have no odor. Second, their result is a natural and pretty sun-kissed color. And, last, the tan lasts at least five days!!!
|Bronzed babes (Farah on the right)|
Here’s some pointers on how to apply the product to produce picture-perfect-pretty results:
1. lather your body with an emollient moisturizer paying special attention to your knees, hands, and feet.
2. apply the self-tanner using your “tan towel”to your chest, then your neck.
(Note: you can use it on your moisturized face and the tan is subtle and beautiful)
**The trick with any self tanner is rubbing the same places over and over ad nauseam to prevent streaking.
3. Apply the product around your neck and ears (avoiding your hairline)
4. When you get to your hands, either stop at wrists or make a tight fist and just do the top of the hands before the knuckles.
5. Apply the same principle above to apply the self-tanner around the feet, stoping before you reach your toes.
6. Apply product to your knees rubbing vigorously over and over (make sure your knees are bent).
**Try to reserve different sections of the tan towel for certain areas. This will guarantee one towel tans the whole body.**
7. Continue to apply the solution to the same spots. Lift your arms and make sure you get the underside of your forearms and upper arms.
The Kate Sommerville Tan Towels dry quickly so you can dress almost immediately.
Be SURE to wash the palms of your hands really well after.
Sent from my iPad
|Thank you, Miss Farah.|